Over 500 years of history
From the second half of the 14th century begins the development on vertical, and in the first half of the next century, probably also in connection with the royal prescriptions of 1513,
wich said that all those who invest in housing development in the Fortress, are exempt from the house tax.
The extension of the houses is also made in the public space, especially in the Fortress Square.
This situation indicates that since the second half of the 14th century the fortress has exhausted it's potential for housing construction,
the existence of house number 11, being thus possible, the semicylindrical vaulted cellar remaining the only witness of that stage.
The building is an authentic historical monument, classified with heritage value NS-II-m-A-1540 and included in the UNESCO list.
Original details
Located in Sighisoara Medieval Fortress, the building, now transformed into "Casa Georgius Krauss", harmoniously integrates itself into the historical landmarks of the architectural site given by: The Catholic Church in the Neighborhood, the Central Square, the Sighisoara City Hall and the Clock Tower - tourist attractions of great interest.
The restoration and refunctioning of the building in the guesthouse was made taking care that the details specific to the original construction, from the structure (vaults, roofing, gaps), to the finishes that include wall paintings, frescoes, wooden cassette and painted ceilings dated back to 1600 , are beeing kept.
The beginning - about 17th century
Part of the Unesco Heritage, the Georgius Krauss House preserves in the current physiognomy a perfect image in the second half of the 20th century. However, considering the history of the fortress and the examples in the neighborhood, it is understandable that the monument has its beginnings much earlier, since the 17th century, the date mentioned in the LMI/04 being a sure date of the house's functionality by the chronicler Georgius Krauss , after the presumed changes at the beginning of the 20th century, are only approximate, the façade receiving the present form in the second half of the 19th century, as evidenced by a photo dated 1880.

The big fire
In the 17th century takes place the most dramatic event in the history of the fortress - the great fire of April 30, 1676.
In just 6 hours the terrible sinister destroys three quarters of the city. Following this sinister, the "Casa Georgius Krauss" monument is rebuilt
in a form that is kept until somewhere in the 19th century.
The oldest image of the house could be that of an oil painting kept at the Brukenthal Museum in Sibiu.
Dated to 1630, the painting depicts in it's right hand, near the Franciscan church, a white-painted whitewashed building.
Considering the existing analogies, it can be assumed that after the great fire "Casa Georgius Krauss" undergoes changes in the appearance of the facade,
which is painted in white and decorated with various motifs of brown color, on the corner bosaje being imitated.
3 Earthquakes and 4 Fires
After the sinister in 1676, the pension had suffered from the earthquakes of 1681, 1701, 1738 (the most heavily known) and 1834, or the fires of 1713 (when all the houses of the fortress were in flames), 1778 when 80 houses are burned, which represents more than a third of the city - as a consequence it is forbidden to cover the houses with shingle and straw).
All these events, in part or in full, must have left their mark on the structure of the building's resistance and since 1880 the building gets the image preserved to this day.